Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Marking Milestones

The day I have been dreading for at least a decade occurred today! The big 3-0! That's right, I now join my husband in the thirty-something club. I feared it might be one of the most depressing days thus far, but it turned out pretty great. Scott took us shopping and then we went to dinner at Maggiano's. Just when I thought I could take no more fun, we came home and we had a "PRINCESS" themed party. Complete with balloons, cake, magic wands, flowers, and princess plates. I think he feels bad that everything in our house revolves around boys-balls, cars, bugs, and stinky smells. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I actually realized how very blessed I am. I have a great husband, terrific kids, a mom who still puts me before herself, and a pretty happy life. Maybe thirty isn't so bad. Did I mention it is also our 9th wedding anniversary and we still love each other. What more could you ask for?

3 comments:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Melisa! I have 2 more years until I hit the big 30!It looks like you took it all well and had a happy day. I miss you guys!

Britt Butler said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a lot of fun ya'll had and I love the Princess theme for a girl surrounded by boys! Sorry we missed it, but hope it was wonderful! Hope to talk to you soon!

Sarah Bisel said...

Happy Birthday, and welcome to the club. Oh, and happy anniversary too.