Monday, August 18, 2008

I've Just Changed My Mind!

Before I had kids I was the perfect mother. I had a long list of things I would never allow my children to do. This list was compiled by carefully watching and judging all of the failing mothers around me on a daily basis. The following are just part of the list I once had and all are things that my children are currently involved in. I guess I am now one of those failing moms!

MY KIDS WERE NEVER GOING TO...
1. Go to bed with Sippy Cups
2. Eat Popsicles on the couch
3. Ride around in a car in which 6 month old fries can be found in the seats
4. Dress themselves in horribly mis-matched outfits and then be taken out in public in this hideous apparel.
5. Watch TV
6. Eat cereal for dinner
7. Walk around barefoot outside
8. Throw kicking, screaming, tantrums while shopping
9. Have so many toys that their stuff overtakes the entire house and yard
10. Most importantly I would never have a son that looked exactly like Elton John. Obviously, I have changed my mind!



3 comments:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

You crack me up and your blog posts! I love it so honest and real!

*aNdY* said...

I think that is soo funny.. Well you are not alone my dear.. I can add about 10 things on that list that I wasnt going to do.. Oh wells, what can ya do.. =) He is such a cute kid.

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

HAha. .Love it! And it's all so true.