Monday, May 24, 2010

OVERWHELMED

Today was my first official day alone as the mother of three and I must say it was a bit overwhelming. It didn't help that Harley only slept about 3 hours last night and that my boys were up by 6:30 wanting and expecting to be entertained! I didn't feel very good which made me grumpy, which made the kids grumpier, which made me feel guilty, which made them sense my uneasiness and attempt to capitalize on my frazzled state, which made me angry, and the cycle of a rough day continued, which made us all exhausted. I have currently given up and the boys are outside making mud pies and rolling around in the mess like little pigs. Meanwhile here are some pictures to commemorate Harley's 3 week birthday. She is already out growing some of her clothes and I am almost panicked to think that one day I am going to wake up and she is going to be an ornery 3 year old with a bad attitude or better yet a 6 year old who is too smart for her own good. DEEP BREATH! She is still a tiny baby and I am trying to enjoy every minute-if only I wasn't so dang tired!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Awwwww.... although your day was rough you seem to find lots of humor in it and make other people smile :) I had days like that when Michael was a baby and I only had one other child to care for. So I think you're doing pretty good :) I'm hoping today goes much smoother.

The Hasletts said...

I felt the same way. Leave the house a mess, wear sweats and just give up. Then at least you will be happy! Can't wait to see you guys!!!