Monday, October 12, 2009

Thank-Fall

With the exception of springtime, fall is the only other season that gives me an almost euphoric feeling. I love how the weather cools down. I love the feel and sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet and the sight of those leaves gracefully falling from the trees in all their vibrant colors. I enjoy watching Scott work to keep up with the thousands of gracefully falling leaves in our yard. I love getting out the sweater box and dressing the boys in cushy, soft, sweat suits. I get excited to put away my shorts for the season-who but a 12 year old girl really looks good in shorts anyway. I love seeing apples, pumpkins, squash, and mums everywhere. I love fall parties and apple cider. I love making my kids wear ridiculous costumes and then sending them to the the homes of complete strangers to beg for unhealthy food. The sound of a football game blaring on my TV gives me a most happy feeling. This morning I went outside and smelled the first wood burning fire of the season. What a cozy thought! I love the anticipation of the impending Holiday season! The stores are already filling up with Christmas items and the excitement of seeing friends and family in the next few months is mounting. I am thankful for the change in season that gives us a new perspective on the miraculous beauty of the earth! Here are some recently captured fall pictures.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall is my favorite season as well! I couldn't truly appreciate it until I moved to Utah and now that we are back in AZ I really miss it. :)

Tracy said...

Ditto everything you said, although I do love wearing shorts and flip flops all summer long. Fall has the best holidays, and so fun to share it with family.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Fall is my favorite season too! I love the changing colors of the leaves and how the earth cools down after a blazing summer of constant heat. I love all the things that you mentioned too. FALL is the best!

G&G said...

I can't believe the size of that leaf. What kind of tree did it come from? I try to enjoy Fall but it makes me realize winter is coming and I hate cold weather!!!