Tuesday, March 27, 2012

We're so glad when daddy comes home...


glad as we can be.  That was definitely true this weekend when daddy came home from a trip out of the country.  I pride myself on being a pretty independent person.  I feel like I don't need anyone's help, but sometimes it sure is nice to have some. I guess what I am trying to say is that sometimes I take for granted how much we rely on and need Scott. While he was gone we had 3 doctor's appointments, two shots, three prescriptions to fill, strep throat, a sinus infection,  a double ear infection, problems at school, sleepless nights, field trip drama, and a boy who managed to escape the clutches of his evil pediatrician by streaking through the doctor's office in his tighty whities.  He was finally captured outside by another mother, only to escape a second time to lock himself in the office bathroom.  Truth be told, that is just a typical day in my life, the hard part of single-parenting is making decisions, important decisions, without being able to vent or bounce ideas off of my husband.

 Because of issues with the phone and Internet we were not able to speak to each other for a few days. I finally called his hotel and with my poor Spanish and the hotel clerk's ever poorer English, I learned that Scott had never checked in and that his reservation had been cancelled.  So, maybe I panicked a little and had a horrifying vision of a future of raising my angelic children all alone.  Let's just say I didn't stop trying until I heard his voice on the other end of the phone.  He was at the hotel after all, and I am currently brushing up on my Spanish skills. What I gleaned from this harder-than-usual week, is a new found admiration, appreciation, and respect for military wives, single mothers, widows, and all those girl's who have to do it alone.  It isn't easy, it isn't fun, it isn't the way it is supposed to be! But, sometimes it's the way it is.  Needless, to say you are in my prayers now and for always.

No comments: