Monday, September 17, 2012

Flubber

We had "THAT" family home evening tonight. You know the one about being aware of creepy people and the creepy things that can be found on the computer, and body parts. Yeah, I am too immature for that kind of stuff but it is important to keep them safe. It all went really well considering the context.  Anyway, to lighten things up afterwards we made Flubber. There are recipes for this stuff all over, but I thought I would add my own to the mix. If you don't know what flubber is, I can only describe it as a mixture of slime, playdough, and silly putty. The kids love this stuff and frankly, so do I.  I have been fiddling with it so much tonight my thumbs are getting sore. 


Recipe
1 Cup Elmer's Glue
1 1/3 Cup of Warm Water
2 tsp. Borax (found in the laundry detergent aisle)
Food Coloring
Glitter (optional)
Mix glue, glitter, and 2/3 cup of water in bowl. In a seperate bowl mix 2/3 cups of water and Borax and food coloring. Combine. The GOO will set in about 1 minute.

No comments: