Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bittersweet

The only thing I hate about my mom coming to visit is the inevitability that she is going to have to leave. When she goes home I feel like I am in a funk for a few days. It takes me awhile to get back on track. I hope she realizes how much we all love her and how thankful we are for all that she does for us. We wish we could convince her to come live in our basement but we haven't been too successful with that argument. I hope those of you who live close to your family don't take that for granted. My childhood was spent very near my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and lots of cousins. It was a great environment in which to grow up. My children will most likely never have that same experience so visits from family and friends from far away are so important to us and so important to the kids. Thanks for coming mom. We miss you and we miss all of our family members who are so far away from us.

4 comments:

The King Family said...

I know exactly how you feel, it's really hard being away from family, especially with little ones. We are lucky that we live somewhat close. I hope everyday that we will get back close to family so that our kids can have the same great family time as we did growing up. At least we have blogging now and can kind of "see" family every now and again.

Summertime Designs said...

Mothers are the best aren't they? That's great that you had some quality time with her. She seems like a neat lady.

Rick Galan said...

I hope your mom realizes how much we love and miss her too! We are excited to see her, you and your boys (that includes Scott) during the holidays! I'm glad you all had a fun Halloween. The boys are adorable in their costumes.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

I understand- I felt the same way when we lived in Tucson. Now that we have so much family around- I'm like do we have to see them again! I know there's never a happy medium- I wish my sisters were around I could ditch my in-laws and be ok! :)