Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Jokes on Me!

At least there was lots of good food!
Happy UTE Fans!
So, diplomatic! An equal number of BYU and U of U Cupcakes!

Okay, so I have spent the day eating crow or humble pie or whatever it is you eat when you are prideful like I was this week as I made fun of the Utes. Actually, I am eating University of Utah cupcakes which is definitely the nastiest humble pie I have ever consumed. But, hey, there is always basketball season and while BYU's basketball team is looking great, the Utes lost to Southern Baptist last week-how sad! Jeez! I really can't let a dead dog lie. Quoting my mother, "Let it go Melisa. Just let it go." Anyway, we had a great party despite a devastating Cougar loss. Our Ute friends won gracefully and we are still able to call them friends. We had almost 50 people at the house and I am convinced our living room was louder than Rice-Eccles Stadium. Scott made a bet with one guy and ended up having to wear a U of U tie to church today. It was truly a humbling experience.

3 comments:

janaya said...

i am SO sad we missed your party. SO sad. SOOO sad. :( social butterfly wife + introverted husband = me pouting for a week, but finally caving because i'm not the football fan, and eventually watching the football game at a bar where no one else cares about utah or a guy named brigham young. but know that i ALMOST ditched him to come by myself. :)

Brett said...

I like that you conveniently left out the fact that your own kids were cheering for the Utes during the game.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

So funny Melisa- looks like you had a good time anyways with all the friends over. Man you guys are popular 50 people at your house! So your kids were cheering for the Utes, huh- that's really funny!!! Maybe next year!