Monday, April 20, 2009

Hawaii!




So, this is us on the plane ride home, only a little disappointed that our vacation was over! We were actually really excited to see the boys, leaving them was much harder than I anticipated. Obviously, we had a great time. My goodness we were in Hawaii how could you be miserable. My only complaint is that we never did adjust to the six hour time difference. We were asleep by 8PM and usually up before 5AM each morning. We loved the Polynesian Cultural Center. What an inspired program! The majority of the pictures in the slide show were taken during our day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We thought it was incredible, plus that side of Oahu is still relatively untouched by the hustle and bustle of the tourists on Waikiki, with the exception of the gigantic tour buses taking people to the Center. It was fun to see some native Hawaiians in their element. And at the PCC we were able to sit on the exact rock that Elvis sat on while filming, "Paradise: Hawaiian Style" I may never wash my butt again! Oops! maybe I shouldn't advertise that! We snorkeled on Hanaumu Bay and I don't have words to describe how beautiful it was there, nor do my photography skills do this gorgeous creation justice. We of course spent a lot of time doing nothing but laying on the beach which is what vacation is all about for me. We took an amazing Sunset Cruise around the Island--the epitome of romance, right? On our cruise we saw dozens of bottle-nose dolphins jumping along with our boat. No trip would be complete without a visit to Pearl Harbor. What a strange feeling to stand on the bridge over the USS Arizona and know that there are still over 900 young sailors entombed in that ship, which is visible only a few feet under the water. Needless to say we had an amazing trip. Thanks mom for making it possible for us. We both feel refreshed and ready to take on the world or at least Atley and Nash.

7 comments:

Sarah Bisel said...

I am so glad you got to go. What a fun trip for the two of you. Your mom is the bomb!

Shelby said...

Looks like fun!

The Hasletts said...

I'm so jealous. Glad you had fun and we want to see more pictures-only the appropriate ones though :)

Unknown said...

Wow sounds like you guys had so much fun! That's really great. You both look tan like you've been laying on the beach...jealous. :)

Kaylyn said...

I am glad you had fun! It looks like a fabulous trip! Ryan said the other day that he misses you guys the most and that we should get together soon!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

That is totally awesome I am jealous! The pictures look great and sounds like a dream come true vacation. That was super nice of your mom to take the boys. That is always nice to have a break but then get back to life again....I guess! Or thats what we say to feel better about the vacation ending!

Utah Montero's said...

I have one word . . . JEALOUS!