Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Decade


A few weeks ago Atley asked me why I kept a picture of those two strange people, Scott and I on our wedding day, on our dresser. When I told him that it was daddy and me, he just laughed. Okay, so maybe we have aged a little in ten years, but there are reasons for that, just read the following and you will catch a glimpse of what we have enjoyed throughout our first decade of marriage.

2 College Diplomas
14 Different Jobs
10 Homes scattered throughout 4 states
3 Dogs and 2 Fish
2 Boys
5 Surgeries
6 Family Reunions
10 years of sharing my birthday with my anniversary
3 trips out of the country
1 moment of insanity when I unsuccessfully tried to throw a TV at my husband
13 trips to the emergency room (none related to the TV incidence)
AND
120 months of an almost perfect life with my best friend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's awesome, happy ten years! Love the picture.

The King Family said...

Sounds like you guys have had a great and exciting 10 years. Here's to many, many more.

April said...

The part about trying to throw the tv at Scott made me laugh. :) It reminded me of the day you chucked your engagement ring at the back of his head (I don't know why but it did). You guys are funny and a great couple. Hope you had a great anniversary!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday! I love Scott's hair in your wedding picture. :)

Mandy said...

Congratulations on 10 years!! How fun to think about what you'll go through in 10 more!

G&G said...

The ten years have gone by fast and I think you look as much in love as you did then. You both make us so proud.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

I remember seeing that picture at your Tucson House- Happy 10yr anniversary. That is amazing that will be us next year. I hope we can do something cool like you guys and go to Hawaii! I think you guys look great- that is funny Atley didn't know it was you guys.:)

Marchant Family said...

Love the list and the photo : ) Congratulations