Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Congratulations!

Since he rarely reads our blog I feel pretty safe taking this opportunity to brag on my husband and publicly congratulate him for a huge accomplishment. For the past year he has been studying for a big certification test for his job. He took the test on Mother's Day (LAME) and he passed. I would give more detail but I really have no clue what this test is all about and when he tries to explain it to me I hear that "wa, wa, wa, wa, wa" voice from Charlie Brown. What I do know is that first, he had to pass this test to keep his current contract with the Smithsonian-therefore he had to pass to keep a job and keep his employees working as well. Secondly, he is the only person in the company with this certification. Finally there are only 70 people in the USA who have passed this test and obtained this coveted certification. I am very proud of him and we are both relieved that it is over! So, congratulations Scott-smarty pants! Oh, and now he has these cool initials behind his name on his business card: Scott Butler, RCDD. It is kinda like an MD but NOT!

5 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Wow! That is awesome! I am loving the comparison of the teacher from Charlie Brown. That is so cool that he is among the chosen few to be so smart. Way to go!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you guys. I had no idea he worked at the Smithsonian that's really cool. It's funny when Jeremy talks about stuff at work I sometimes here the Charlie Brown teacher too. :)

Wendie said...

That is great Melisa! Oh course you should brag about him. Congratulations to Scott! And all his employees. Swooo, that was pressure.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Congrats- that's totally awesome! Can we say job sercurity!!! Sorry I can't spell- we miss you guys!

G&G said...

Way to go Scott!!!!!