Thursday, October 3, 2013

Still Alive

I always tease my friends whose every blog entry begins with, "I know it has been a while since I blogged but..."  and there is a month or more between each entry.  Apparently, that is the pot calling the kettle black.  Things have been crazy busy, as each fall seems to be, back to school nights, PTA meetings, Primary Programs, soccer, scouts, homework, violin, piano, flag football, preschool; not to mention football is now officially on 5 days a week plus all my other shows are coming back for the new season.  Pathetic right? I will attempt to catch up and stay on track for the rest of the school year, but I can't make any promises.  

We had one last swim party before the weather turned autumn like and we closed the pool for winter, as I type that I realize it is officially 86 degrees outside right now. The party included a sleepover with three other little boys, beside my own. To say that it was one of the longest nights of my life, would not be an exaggeration. It doesn't help matters that Harley thinks she is a 9 year old boy that can flip into the deep end and fart with reckless abandon.  It wasn't until days later that we realized that during the wild party the toilet in the basement some how got cracked and flooded the guest room!
 
Harley and I have spent some nice days at the park. We are both finding it difficult to entertain her without the help of her brothers though. Even the park seems a little dull without our traveling comedy troop in tow. She has told me on more than one occasion that I was boring. She also told me that my ears were getting way to big to pull off the short hair any longer. I love her candor. She is such a diva.  She gives me a tea party just about every afternoon and forces me to eat all of whatever she provides.  So, if you think I may have gained a few pounds, it's all Harley's fault, in more ways than one.



 Nash is playing soccer and once again his dad is coaching.  He scored a whopping 12 goals last Saturday. Granted he has learned the art of Cherry Picking or camping out by his own goal refusing to play defense. We are always so happy when he plays well and wins or we have a truly devastated child as witnessed above. Hopefully, one day his overly competitive nature will serve him well.


We took in one more Nat's game before the season came to a heartbreaking end just shy of the hunt for October.  We even ran into some of our dearest friends at the game and hitched a ride back to our car with them.  I am not sure what I like more about a night at the ball park-Bryce Harper or Shake Shack! 

No comments: