Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fun at the Park


Now that the days are getting longer and warmer the boys are getting lots more time outside. Of course the down side is that we are all suffering from horrible allergies because the pollen count is so high. Last night we took the wagon down to the park. I found $10 on the sidewalk on our journey. I felt a little guilty about picking it up until we saw the ice cream truck. The boys were so excited! Everyone got a treat and the enjoyment of the ice cream sandwich and popsicles lessened my guilt about using someone else's money! Nobody's perfect, right?




We took the wagon because Atley still refuses to ride his bike. (SEE BELOW) We went for a ride yesterday and every time I wasn't looking he would jump off his bike and start pushing it. I finally got tired of picking him up and putting him back on while he was screaming hysterically. So, I said, "Atley, either get on your bike and ride it home or we are going to leave it right here on the sidewalk for someone who will actually use it." My son's reply, "Let's just leave it here." And he walked away from it. GREAT! So, we left his bicycle by the side of the road. I was still convinced he would come to his senses. He didn't. Two hours later, when I put him down for his nap I went back for the bike. Miraculously it was still there. He doesn't know I have it and he doesn't seem to care that it is gone. Any suggestions how I can get my freaked-out kid back on his bike?

1 comment:

G&G said...

Great fun to see the pictures and read the commentary. We look forward to your being here next week.