Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy "REAL" Birthday!


My How He Has Grown!

Preschool was at our house today and when we placed the correct dates on our preschool calendar, Atley realized that today was May 22, 2008-which of course meant that it was his birthday. His response to this information, "Why don't I have any presents to open?" I told him that he had already celebrated his birthday. He gave me a dirty look and said, "Whatever!" Attitude already! Well, actually he was born with it.

We can't believe that it has already been four years since his birth. Sometimes it seems like he was just a tiny baby and sometimes it seems like he has been a part of our lives forever. I really can't remember what my life was like without him, but I have to believe it must have been much quieter and a whole lot more restful, but it was definitely not as exciting. Life with Atley is always an adventure. He never fails to make his parents laugh. He also never fails to make his brother cry. He looks at the world with perfect optimism. He is almost always happy and almost always talking. He is certain that the world revolves around him and in a way I guess it does.
We love him with all of our hearts!

4 comments:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Happy for "real" birthday Atley!

Rick Galan said...

You mean your life wasn't as exciting when you lived with me, Melisa? :) Happy, happy birthday Atley! It's hard to believe that you are already 4. Hope we get to see you this summer.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Atley! What a fun entry Melissa! Atley is such a cute boy, and Sean still talks about him every now and then. Here's to one more year under you belt!

Sarah Bisel said...

How fun! I love Atley, and we all miss how much joy he brought, and the laughs he gave us.