Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Tall, Skinny Baby with a Big Head


"LIKE AN ORANGE ON A TOOTHPICK!"
Yesterday was my baby's 18 month check-up. After doing all his weights and measurements, the doctor informed me that his weight was in the 50th percentile, his height 95th percentile, and his head size-off the charts. Then she said, "So, what I am saying is you have a tall, skinny, baby with a big head." Next she feels his head and after realizing that he still has a soft spot she looks at me and says, "Wow! and it looks like his head is still growing." Next she looked at Atley and said, "Well, I can see his brother looks the same way." Not a very complimentary description of my boys! Well, doc we think Nash is pretty darn cute and Atley too for that matter. Nashy is growing so fast and it seems like just in the past couple of weeks he has begun the transition from baby to full-fledged toddler. He is sleeping less, eating more, giving me less kisses, and running even more wild than usual. He has a mind of his own and a very unique language that he speaks with quite a bit of drama and personality. He loves to dance but when he does only one leg bends while the other stays stiff. It is quite a hilarious sight. He always makes us laugh and we adore him.

1 comment:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Nash is big and my Konnor is short- ya got to love kids and there different sizes and the bluntness of doctors!