Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Atley Throws a Dinner Party!


Last week I had a Relief Society meeting at our home. When I told Atley that I had a meeting and that one of the sister's was going to bring her daughter, Atley replied by saying, "Oh, I'll throw her a dinner party!" A little bizarre considering the fact that I doubt he has ever heard me use the term "dinner party." As you can see in the picture his dinner party was quite a fancy affair made strictly from the always delightful canned food variety fare.

Although I would have liked the "dinner party," to have been Atley's funniest comment of the day, he came up with another strange comment when a counselor in our Relief Society presidency arrived. She came through the door and told Atley that he had a lovely home. Atley says, "Yeah, I know. It's great. If you turn the hose on outside money comes out and that is why we are so rich!" Where does he come up with this stuff! I am glad he is living in the delusional world where he believes that his mommy and daddy are rich. But, I am afraid when he turns about 16 he might be a bit disappointed when he discovers the truth, that he is not really an aristocrat who can throw dinner parties with the money that comes from his garden hose.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I laughed so hard at this. Atley is a funny kid.

The King Family said...

It is always interesting to see what hilarious comment Atley has. Where do kids come up with these things?

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Can I borrow your hose??

Roscoe and Daisy said...

So funny - I missed this blog enrty before! Atley is a comedian he cracks me up!