Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Favorite Christmas Books

Ever notice how so many so-called heartwarming holiday books make you want to jump off of a cliff? It's like they are written to make you feel guilty about being happy at Christmas time. I love to read books set around the Christmas Season. But who wants to be depressed reading about an underprivileged boy whose mother is dying of Cancer and all he wants to do is buy her some new shoes for her to meet Jesus. Yeah, that's right life is sad enough, why read fictional stories that make it sound even more horrible. No, "CHRISTMAS SHOES" for me. But, here are some of my favorite Christmas books. A couple I read for the first time this year and a couple are Christmas Classics in my opinion. I promise they won't make you feel depressed or guilty, just happy and thankful for this joyous season and the wonder of childhood.




1 comment:

Wendie said...

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is a classic at my house. LOVE IT!