Monday, November 22, 2010

'Twas 3 Days 'til Thanksgiving

We wrapped up our thankful lists tonight at Family Home Evening. The boys were struggling a little not to repeat the same thankfuls. Nash is thankful for the good days and the bad. He is thankful for his wife, even though she is invisible right now. He is also thankful for sidewalks, blankets, and comfy things. Atley is thankful for being flexible, ice skates, submarines, and surviving tornadoes. We also watched this video about the first Thanksgiving. It is great for kids and full of all the important stuff that is THANKSGIVING!!!



What was on my thankful list? A wonderful family that challenges, teaches, and makes me laugh everyday. I am grateful for this great nation that I am so blessed to live in. I am thankful for my mother and all she does for me. I am very grateful for both sets of my grandparents and for the lessons that they taught and are still teaching me. I am so thankful for a warm home and a belly that is always full. I am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given-opportunities that include the gospel, an education, work, and knowing all of you. I am grateful for prayer and the knowledge that HE is always listening. I am thankful for the atoning sacrifice of my Savior who makes up for my many shortcomings. I am thankful for chubby baby girls and naughty little boys, indoor plumbing, and chocolate chip cookies. I am thankful for good music, e-mail, General Hospital, and Lucille Ball. I am especially thankful for Thanksgiving, a time to reflect upon what we have been given and express that gratitude.

1 comment:

Janae Walker said...

so, you wrap up the thankful lists? you'll have to tell me about this! i am also thankful for comfy blankets :)