Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Beauty

Recently a tragic accident took the life of a six year old girl. She is a member of a family that we are especially close to. Unfortunately, this isn't the first tragedy to strike this particular family.  There have been several over the past 7 years.  I would be lying if I said that I didn't question why or hug my own children a little longer in gratitude that I still could.  I do not understand it. I don't understand most of the horrible things that go on in this world, but I do not doubt that we have a Heavenly Father. He not only lives but he has a plan for each of us.  In the Book of Mormon there is a scripture that reads in part, "...all things denote there is a God; yea, even the bearth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its dmotion, yea, and also all the eplanets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." (Alma 34:44) 
This scripture has come to my mind as I have thought about this accident and as I have spent many summer days outside in this beautiful world with my own children. As I have watched them find new and exciting creatures and plants, splash around in a stream or the ocean, collect rocks and explore I have been reminded of a loving Father who created all of these things for our good. While it may seem like a small thing, the beauty of the earth is proof enough. I feel especially blessed that we live in such a picturesque area where it is easy to see and feel God's love everyday.

 





(These photos were taken on the trails by our house, at Great Falls National Park and in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Berryville, VA)

No comments: