Sunday, August 18, 2013

Just Peachy!

I know it is almost back to school time when we make our annual peach picking trip and I commence to concoct enough jam for the hundreds of PB&J sandwiches that I will make in the coming months. Therefore, it is always a bittersweet day being in the Virginia countryside and the Blue Ridge Mountains.  This year the first farm, Great Country Farm, had their peach crop demolished by a nasty bug infestation.  Never fear there was plenty for the kids to do, like pan for gold, jump on a gigantic pillow, slide, feed/capture animals, play chess and pick blackberries.  After a very full day at Great Country Farms we drove deeper into the mountains to Mackintosh Farms where we found about 17 pounds of perfect peaches. Yes, I have a lot of work to do.










I absolutely loved this sign outside a public restroom on our peachy expedition. I think I need to recreate it for our bathroom at home.

No comments: