Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

Sorry if it sounds a bit cliche' but I felt absolutely, positively overcome with gratitude this Christmas. I felt so blessed to be with family and friends, to watch my healthy and vibrant children tear open their Christmas presents and get up before the sun to see what Santa brought for them.  I felt so fortunate to have my mom here with us and to be able to spend all of Christmas day in my pajamas watching the boys and Scott build Lego's while I tried to figure out how the stupid Rainbow Loom worked.  I felt so lucky to be able to spend Christmas Eve with our dear friends the Johnson family singing Karaoke and eating way past the point of fullness. I felt so grateful to be able to cuddle up on the couch with my babies and read Christmas stories and to look over at my mom asleep on the couch completely unaware that the cat was using her as a bed. I felt so blessed that the cat survived a week with granny without mysteriously disappearing. 

 

No comments: