Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Baby Boy is 7


Nash turned seven on Sunday.  Months ago, we decided that we were not going to have a party this year, rather a family activity of some sort.  But, of course, about 2 weeks before his big day he fell to pieces when he found out I wasn't planning a Nashtravaganza. So, being the sucker that I am I succumbed to his will and we threw together a very last minute party on Saturday night.  He invited 27 of his closest school friends-all boys.  Nash is Mr. Popularity wherever he goes.  About 23 kids showed up and the level of noise was truly indescribable. I wanted to keep things as low-key as one can with 23 little boys in the house.  First, I covered the tables in paper in hopes that the kids could draw or write Nash a message while we waited for all of the guests to arrive.  That lasted about 10 seconds until they just decided to rip up the paper and turn into wild animals. They calmed down a tad when we served the pizza and cake.  Then we all headed to the basement to watch Despicable Me 2 on the big screen/king size sheet! They consumed more popcorn than I thought humanly possible and everyone seemed to have a fantastic time.  He was spoiled rotten, so much that I don't know how I can possibly justify giving him even more presents in 10 days on Christmas. 



As I am required to say and feel as his mother, I cannot imagine life without this little man.  He is a man of few words and lots of mischief.  He has a plethora of nicknames which include Jo-Jo Pet, Lumpy, Nashy and Nashty!  He is all boy from his gruff voice to his hatred for singing and arts and crafts.  He is tough and loves to wrestle, swim and play video games.  He is logical and has a very kind-heart. He cannot begin his day without his chocolate milk. He still drinks it from a sippy cup that he has hand since he was one.  He loves to hear about when he was born and how he fit perfectly inside his stocking that Christmas.  Nash was a very sick little baby. He had surgery when he was six weeks old.  At that time we weren't sure what the outcome might be. You would never guess that this solid, sweet little boy was sick a day in his life.  Nash has a very unique way of talking. As I already mentioned he has a deep, gruff voice with a very east coast accent.  He loves to ask Siri on the Iphone questions. His favorite thing to ask is, "What do you get when you mix a Bull Dog and a Shitzu?"  The funny thing about this is he never calls Siri by the right name, he always refers to her as CASSIE instead.  When he is building his LEGO's he refers to the instructions as CONSTRUCTIONS. He knows he was named after a basketball player (Steve Nash)  but he is convinced he was named after someone named JIMMER NASH. This person doesn't actually exsist but I am thinking he would have been an excellent ball player.  Despite years of effort he still has no clue what his phone number is and like most things if he doesn't care about it he will make no attempt to learn it.  His favorite color has switched from green to purple this year as has his allegiance to the Washington Redskins. He is now a Baltimore Ravens fan.  He still wants to own a junk yard when he grows up as long as he gets a junk yard dog with it.  We truly love him with all that we have and pray that he will continue to grow strong and wise with a desire to serve his Heavenly Father in the coming years.

**I have to give a shout out to my selfless husband. He had a birthday on Saturday as well. One that was barely recognized by anyone. He never complained. He worked tirelessly to help me with the kids and the party.  I can assure you if I had been in his place I probably would have pouted and spent part of the day crying in the bathroom feeling sorry for myself. Not him, he always puts us first and I love him for it.

No comments: