Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's in Georgia










We traveled back to our old stompin' grounds for New Year's, that's right, back to Atlanta! This time we drove the 11 hours south. Boy, that was fun! But,we did have a great time with Scott's family. All the Butler's were present, which made for a pretty full and noisy house. We enjoyed the New Year by visiting the Georgia Aquarium, which I highly recommend to anyone traveling that direction. Scott had the chance to shoot his birthday/Christmas gift, a .357 Magnum. We felt like true "rednecks" shootin' our guns on New Year's! Check out the Sarah Palin pose! I thought of that myself. We hope all of you have a great 2009!

5 comments:

Utah Montero's said...

shootin' guns! You rednecks! he he. I remember the first time I shot a gun . . . in Colorado . . . with you!

Rick Galan said...

Looks like you had a fun time in Georgia! The aquarium looks awesome. The only one I've ever been to was in Baltimore and it was pretty cool.

The Hasletts said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We sure missed seeing you. And, by the way, your presents are coming-I've got them ready to send. Sorry, but maybe the boys will have fun getting a late gift...

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Redneck activites can be fun though...shooting guns! That looks like a pretty cool aquarium my boys would of loved that too. Happy New years!

Marchant Family said...

Way to go on the guns! You always said that you felt like you needed a gun in your neighborhood. : )