Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Canvas Playhouse


It has only been a few short weeks since Christmas and MOST of the toys have been lost, broken, or just forgotten about. I am glad I didn't get this project done in time for Christmas morning, as I intended. Maybe now the kids will actually play with it, instead of just losing it in their pile of Christmas excess.

I borrowed this idea from the September issue of Family Fun Magazine. I used a giant paint drop cloth for the fabric because it was much cheaper than buying muslin. I measured it to fit on top of our kitchen table and then went after it with markers and crayons. The boys are busy decorating the inside with the same crayons and markers.



2 comments:

GO Gray's said...

oh my gosh what a great idea!!!! I love it and am going to try it out.

Summertime Designs said...

Genius! I love it! I will have to remember to do this one! Oh wait, does that mean I should sweep under my kitchen table so my kids will actually want to go under there?