Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I hope they call me on a mission to...


At the age of 19, young men of our faith are expected to serve a two year mission for our church. Through inspiration the presidency of the church extends calls to these missionaries to share the gospel all over the world. Sunday Atley was telling us all about where he would like to serve his mission, maybe Brazil, or Greenland, or India so he could be near Mt. Everest. Nash chimed in with, "I want to go on my mission to Colorado at Granny's house." That was cute, but then he added, "Or maybe I want to go on a mission to Olive Garden. I could just eat and get coloring books every day." While the statement was hilarious, what made it even more random was that Nash has not been inside of an Olive Garden for at least 2 years.

Since deciding to go to Olive Garden on his mission, he has had it on the brain all week, so yesterday I relented and took him and Harley on a lunch date. I think he might have been a little disappointed and maybe even rethinking where he would like to serve that mission.

No comments: