Friday, July 19, 2013

Taos, New Mexico

Taos is about an hour and a half from where I grew up. As a child my Grandpa and Grandma Edgar used to take me there on selling trips. My grandfather made jewelry and cut turquoise and he sold some of his items at the jewelry shops all along the plaza.  I love to go back because it reminds me of those fun trips with my grandparents.

To get to Taos you must cross the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge.  I remember walking across it as a kid and thought it would be fun to do the same with my own children. But, about half way across the bridge I totally panicked.  I made my mom come pick me up in the car. The boys were very disappointed in their mother. What a weenie!

Only around Taos are cow crossing signs equipped with UFO sighting warnings as well.  Plus it is the only place I know where FBI stands for Full-Blooded-Indian.




One of my favorite spots is the Twirl Toy Store. It isn't just a store but an outdoor playground as well. It wasn't easy prying the kids away.

In Taos nobody judges you if you switch sides from Cowboy's to Indian's.


In Taos there are plenty of treats for everyone and beauty wherever you look.

No comments: