Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

I had not been home for Thanksgiving in 16 years! Can you believe that?  That is a very long time and it was wonderful to be there this year.  It was so relaxing. We spent most of our time just "visiting" with family and friends.  "Visiting" seems to be a lost art. In fact, for the first few days, I always find the "visiting" awkward.  Why is that?  Have I just become CITY-FIED or is it a TECHNOLOGY-HAS-MADE-ME-WEIRD sort of thing?  Either way, "visiting" is a good thing. I wish people did it more often.  But, only when my house is clean please.
 We wandered the foothills around my hometown, something I spent a lot of time doing as a kid. Nash never without a football and his BB gun. Atley never without some sort of map. And Harley never without her enthusiasm for anything outside.  






Harley found a rattle-snake-skin that she was very proud to show off.  We ate our fill of Mexican food. Woke up to snow one morning which made everything look magical as the first snow always does.  We spent some time in the mountains with my uncle finding their perfect Christmas tree.  



We had Thanksgiving in the Cultural Hall of the church because the family has grown too big for anyone's house. The kids played basketball and lots of other games and of course they cried and cried when they had to say goodbye to Granny, their Great-Grandparent's, and their many cousins.  
I have so much to be thankful for.  I have a blessed life. I love my family. I love where I am and where I came from.  I am so thankful for the opportunities I have been given in my life.  I am especially grateful, for a Father-In-Heaven who is mindful of me and those I hold dear.

1 comment:

G&G said...

So glad you got to go home and had such a fabulous time. Love that good ole' San Luis Valley......