Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Favorite Day

I love Mondays! Wow, what a reversal from the way I felt when I was working or going to school. Mondays were the most dreaded day of the week. But, now Mondays are my special day with the boys. Atley doesn't have school on Mondays, and I try really hard to avoid any kind of appointments or scheduled activities on Mondays because I love spending the day at home with my little guys. It is my no pressure, low stress day. Sometimes we wear our pajamas until noon or sometimes we never get out of them. Sometimes we watch a movie and we always read lots of books and try to create something special in the kitchen or on paper. I know they like Mondays too. They enjoy the break from running around town. I also love having Family Home Evening. We never do anything extravagant but there is a rewarding feeling when we try to do what the prophet has asked of us. Last night we built a scarecrow and searched for fall leaves to make leaf fairies. The boys love Family Home Evening and I know I need to take pleasure in that because there will most likely come a time when getting them excited about FHE will be nearly impossible. Next year our Mondays will revert to the most dreaded day of the week because Atley will be in Kindergarten but until then I am going to love each of the 44 Mondays I have left.

5 comments:

The Hasletts said...

What a great idea! I wish I could have Mondays like you do. Cherish those special moments. My Mondays are filled with harping on 8th graders to get their work done! Glad you're all doing well and I love the costumes!! Miss ya!

The Anderson's said...

Monday's are my very favorite day too! Different reasons of course. It means all of my kids are back in school and I dont do appointments! It does mean that everyone gets to come home to a clean house and I can spend extra time on dinner! Family Home Evening always tops it off!! I love the leaf fairies! Where did you find that idea! Keep it up!

Sarah Bisel said...

Way to go. Monday is my laundry day. Not my favorite. I love that it is yours. We miss you guys.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

I love the leaf fairies too- thats a great idea! I am enjoying mondays more with FHE. Karson today was like are we going to have FHE again today? I hope he can keep that up through the years also. Good job on having fun relaxing mondays!

Rick Galan said...

Great idea! You're such a good mom!