Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkinville

Watch Out Nash! Atley's comin' down!
LEAVE YOUR SOCKS ON! IT'S COLD!
Ready for the hayride.
Here piggie, piggie!
Daddy, Atley, & Nash, take a slide!
Farmer Nash takes a drink to the field!
Look at that form!
Atley the rock climber!
Feed my sheep!
Nash gives the camel some hay!

Saturday we took the boys to what I officially declare as the best pumpkin patch ever! It is in Leesburg, VA-about 30 miles from D.C. It is on somebody's farm and they are making the most out of the fall season by opening up to the public. First of all the fall foliage was amazing and the chilly overcast weather added to the ambiance. For $8 a person, Nash not included, everyone received a free pumpkin, all the apples and cider you could handle, a hay ride, an incredible petting zoo, and tons of amazing toys and tractors to play on. The best part was there was absolutely no supervision. None, of the super anal Washingtonians declaring how unsafe everything was-and trust me some of the stuff was a little unsafe. For example they had a home made slide shooting down the side of a hill, a make-shift rock wall, and a field where the children were let loose with all sorts of "domesticated" animals-like llamas, a baby Brahma bull, pigs, sheep, goats, some exotic deer, and a camel. It was a great day! Atley called it the best day of his life. (He has had a lot of those!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe they have all those things all in once place for so cheap!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

That is a way good price! I'm glad you could find a fun place like that for the kids. Those places are my favorite it helps to kick off the season!

Britt Butler said...

I have never seen anybody that does more stuff and goes more places than y'all do!...ok, maybe Ann and Ken, but y'all come in at a close second(: I'm lucky if I get to the park one day a week! Sure makes for an exciting blog to read, as always, very entertaining! Miss you guys!

The Anderson's said...

What a fun day and I am all over the no supervision. I still maintain that I am amazed that any of us made in into adulthood with the lack of supervision we used to have. Like riding our bikes to town and dangerous stuff like that! I am glad you all made it through okay!