Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Capitol Christmas


Day #3: Our very Merry Christmas found Nash and I on a very special date. We went to the United States Botanical Gardens on Capitol Hill. We went to see the annual train exhibit. Someone creates amazing scenery out of tree and plant life for the trains to cruise around. This year the carvings/sculptures focused on famous architectural sights, such as the Eiffel Tower, Easter Island Statues, Hagia Soffia, The Great Wall of China, Tikal, Machu Picchu and more. There is also a collection of famous buildings from Washington, like the Capitol and Supreme Court building, Lincoln Memorial, etc. It was fun to have some one-on-one time with the middle child.







We also went to the ward Christmas party. Atley sang beautifully, Nash made funny faces, and Harley cried.


Ispy Elf made another appearance as well.

Note from Ispy Elf:

Dear Friends,
My first day on the job went pretty well. Atley earned some brownie points for working so hard on his school work. I know that homework isn't very fun. When I was in Elf school at the North Pole I hated it, but it help me learn a lot and now I have the coolest job in the world. Nash you worked very hard spraying that smelly stuff (pledge) and helping your mom clean. It might be nice if you wore something beside pajamas tomorrow though. I think both of you should try to treat each other nicer. You are going to be brothers forever you know! My favorite part of the day was when you were making your baby sister laugh. It was very sweet!
By the way the Gingerbread cookies you made were delicious. I ate one shaped like a candy cane. Then I tried to make some of my own, but all I made was this big mess. Your Friend, Ispy Elf
P.S. Please don't tell Santa about the cookie incident!

No comments: