Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Devotional


Day #5: Today I asked Nash what Christmas was all about. He gave me a long list of things like presents, Santa, Ispy, decorations, his birthday, and so on. After lots of clues and maybe a whisper or two from his older brother he finally said, "Jesus' Birthday." I don't think it is an accident that the First Presidency of our Church hosts the annual Christmas Devotional so early in December. It reminds us all of the true spirit of Christmas and the joy of the season. I love to curl up on the couch with only the lights of the Christmas tree, the Devotional on TV, and a mug of Hot Chocolate. A night like this makes for a little piece of heaven on earth.
Another reminder is this YouTube video, I recently found. It reminds me so much of my little boys and how reverence for our Savior can be taught at any age.

No comments: