Thursday, August 2, 2012

Nostalgia

It is kind of weird watching your children do the same things that you used to do in the same places that you used to do them. Also, hearing my mom sing my kids the same songs she used to sing to me never fails to give me a little deja vu.
I took lots of trips down memory lane while I was home, taking the kids to Splashland was one of those trips.
 Splashland is the closest swimming pool to my home town, about 25 miles away. In fact, it is where Scott's grandma took Scott & I  on our first date when we were 12 & 13.  It has been closed down for a long time but reopened a couple of years ago. I took the kids swimming there and it brought back lots of memories, like never being able to swim until someone pushed me in the deep end and my only other option was death.  I swear it seemed like yesterday that I was jumping off that same diving board.













We spent a lot of time on the playground or at the park.

































In other news, we went to a "Gators in the Park" event with some friends while we were on vacation.  Most of the little girls were afraid of the critters, of course Harley tried to put some in her pocket.






No comments: