Saturday, June 21, 2014

Atley's Adventures

Atley reminded me that I haven't blogged JUST about him or his MANY accomplishments lately.  I can assure you, it was on my list Buddy.  He has had a great year filled with many adventures and lots of hard work.  He recently received his Bear Award at Cub Scouts.
He participated in a wildly successful Farmer's Market at school, where he marketed and produced an Orange Cleaner that sold like hot cakes.  I didn't get any pictures because it was mass chaos.  He recited a poem he wrote about sledding at his school's poetry reading and of course had to bring props so that everyone could get the full effect.
He recently had his last orchestra concert of the year. I am so impressed with what his teacher has been able to get out of her fourth graders.  Below is a video of one of his songs. I'm sorry his head is covered by the music stand throughout most of the video but watch what happens at the end.


He is also quite the pianist. He prefers to play by ear, which completely amazes me. We are proud of him and all he has accomplished all while spending lots of time being one of our favorite fish and acting as man of the house while his dad has been away in Panama.

No comments: