Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fun in the Canal

As a kid I spent a lot of summer days playing, floating and catching crawdads in the Sanford Canal.  A trip to an actual swimming pool was a once a year event at best, so the canal was essentially the extent of my swimming exposure.  No wonder I am a terrible swimmer. The kids made some small boats out of pool noodles and we walked down to the canal to sail them and play in the water.  They were a little nervous at first of things like sharks and alligators but soon realized the only thing they had to fear were a few water snakes which is nothing to fear at all but rather something to capture and enjoy. Taking the kids to the canal brought back lots of wonderful memories for me and I am grateful that I am able to show them some of the things that I loved to do when I was their age.













 

No comments: