Thursday, April 19, 2012

BOOKS!!!


 Here are some book reviews you might be interested in adding to your summer reading list!

This is a great book about the horrors of the Holocaust. A must read!
5 out of 5 Stars

Edenbrooke

Loved this simple romance.  If your are a fan of Jane Austen this is a must read!
 5 Stars



If you are a Jane Austin purist or dislike the idea of Elizabeth fighting Zombies DO NOT READ this book. If you think it might be funny to see Elizabeth and Darcy in a different light, as ninja zombie warriors, than you might get a kick out of this book. 
3 Stars

Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever

This is a fabulous book written about the last two weeks of Lincoln's life as it parallels the plans of John Wilkes Booth.  I absolutely could not put it down!
5 stars

Fablehaven Complete Set (Boxed Set): Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague; Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary; Keys to the Demon Prison

These books have been around for awhile, but I was very reluctant to read them lest I betray my beloved Harry Potter. But, I finished the series several months ago and they were surprisingly excellent. That is coming from someone who, with the exception of Harry Potter, is not that into fantasy. (Disclaimer: I hated Hunger Games)  If you are looking for something else to read to your kids, something for them to read, or something for yourself, you cannot go wrong with these books.
5 Stars!

The Lucky One

The only Nicholas Sparks book I have ever previously read is The Notebook, but since I think Zac Efron is lovely and he is going to be starring in this book made into a movie I had to read the novel. I enjoyed it, mostly because I could imagine the main character as Zac Efron!
4 Stars

You ever pick up a book because it has been highly praised and you really want to love it, but you just don't? That is how this book was for me!  The premise was really intriguing and the historical value was fascinating. I just could have used a lot less of each generation's promiscuity. It added nothing to the storyline.
3 Stars

The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870-1914

If you want to read something more than brain candy and would like to learn something about history, engineering, government, and economics-this book is a must read.  It is a little heavy with information and is something that should be ingested in small bites or you will be easily bored. That being said,  David McCollough is a master of historical writing and I learned a ton.
4 Stars
Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things

My boys love these books about a boy who is terrified of everything!
5 Stars
Dog
For the wee ones! Harley saw a friend at church looking at this book. She went crazy for it!  It is absolutely adorable complete with tail wagging and dog pee! Every little girl's dream
5 Stars

No comments: