Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bittersweet

I have taught preschool  for the past seven years.  With all three children, I have participated in a cooperative preschool with other moms.  It has been a wonderful experience for me and for each of my kids.  Although school is not over just yet, today was my last turn to teach Harley and her friends. In fact, it was my last day teaching preschool EVER.  We are going to send Harley to a more formal preschool next year for various reasons. Last night as I was preparing today's lesson I was complaining to Scott that I was so "DONE" with preschool. He warned me that I was going to be sad when it was over.  I hate it when he is right.  All day I have been tearing up.  Helping kids with juice boxes and cleaning up paint never seemed so special.  I will miss it.  I will miss the time I have had watching my kids grow and learn and interact with their peers. I will miss watching their little hands working so hard as they learn to form their letters. I will miss watching them explain their show-and-tell items with complete exuberance. I will miss being completely in awe of the miracle of child development. I will miss this part of motherhood.  The season of my life is changing and I'm not sure if I am ready for that to happen. Luckily I was coherent enough to snap a few pictures of my last day as Harley's teacher. I love you Belle!


No comments: