Thursday, April 24, 2014

Quick Fixin's


If I had to pick my very favorite sandwich, without a doubt, it would be a Reuben.  I will admit that I am willing to pay almost any price for a good Reuben at a number of Kosher NYC delis. Yes, I paid $30 for this yummy sandwich at Carnegie Deli once.Why it never occurred to me that I could make my own is beyond my comprehension until now.  I finally made my very own Reuben and I have now eaten one for my last three meals. The rest of the family is not nearly as in love with the 5 pounds of corned beef in my fridge but they are tolerant. If you are a Reuben fan here is my 3 minute Reuben Recipe for success.

Ingredients
First warm your sauerkraut and corned beef in separate containers in the microwave or on the stove.  Meanwhile toast your seedless Rye bread.  Spread Thousand Island dressing on both slices of the bread, then top with corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese.

No comments: